The target audience of this post is obviously my fellow countrywomen. Some of you might want to hold bachelorette parties. Here is a detailed how-to on that.
First of all, talk it out with your partner. What do you want and what does he think your party will be all about?Smoking up, drinking and just dancing with your girls? Cutting a cake thats shaped like a manhood? Or is he comfortable with strippers around you? (If you want that) Or is it going to be a very simple dinner? Sanskari mehendi function?
Whatever it is, you need to both be in the clear on what your party can comprise of. Ditto if he wants a bachelor’s party.
Now that we have that out of the way, lets move on to the actual party. We shall now categorize your options into 3: Thrift, Decent and Splurge. Obviously, these are based on money. I will concentrate on the boozy, badgirl parties in this post.
Here is your step by step to any bachelorette party:
1. Decorate. Your best friends are lights. You get amazing kinds of lights at really good prices. Another YES is balloons. You can get shiny balloons for some bling factor. There are so many options for decorating. Do not make it look kiddish like a birthday party.
2. Music. Your music has to be top notch and slutty. It certainly must not be romantic or something that kills the mood. I would highly recommend item numbers that are danceable to. It would really set the mood.
3. Booze. Get hard drinks, if you are into that and also keep lots of water nearby. Be prepared for someone throwing their guts up.
4. Smoking up? If you do weed, I recommend rolling before-hand. Again, have good music and food to go.
5. Food is really important to any party. 3 things that are MUST HAVES are: Pizzas, Ice creams and cakes. Those manhood cakes are MADE for bachelorette parties. They are available on instagram, I believe. You can order there.
6. Have the most bad girl games you can think of. I would make a compilation here, but I am not sure how well that would be received. Do not try to just play same old truth or dare when you can get creative.
7. What to wear: what you are comfortable with. A tiara and sash would be cute additions. A feather boa is a YES for those of you who love that. (Like me)
For those who are in THRIFT:
1. Your home or your friend’s home or some inexpensive SECURE place. Just ensure that its been decluttered first : Clean and enough space to dance or do whatever you want. Throw clutter into a room and bolt it.
2. Your music can be compiled by yourself and played on stereos. You can ask a friend who is pretty intrested in music to help you with that.
3. Drink at home. Go to a bar only if it is a ladies night. Do not go drinking in a bar otherwise unless you will kill your cash.
For those who are in decent:
1. The venue of yours can be in a resort room that you can take for a night. Itll be amazing if you book early.
2. Get your own booze and stereos too! Just ask around if people smoke up around there and decide if it is dangerous before you smoke up.
3. You can definitely try to get matching raunchy outfits with friends or spend a little extra on the attire and hire a professional photographer.
4. Check out the signs for bachelorette parties and pose with some!
1. You can book a hall and have it decorated for your event professionally.
2. Hire entertainers for your party! Spas, DJs, dancers and whatnot. Check if strippers are ok.
3. Get some real quality booze. Do not settle for cheap crap. Have amazing food to go with it. Try including many varieties.
4. Have your bachelorette’s saved forever by hiring pros to capture and record it.
While I have immense regard for our culture, I believe that humans are sexual beings and will want to sometime be flamboyant about it. I see nothing wrong with that. I believe that banning something or judging someone for having a desire is not constructive but teaching people to enjoy responsibly is better.